Do you have a question about Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Do you need help because things have changed?
Help for you is here.
Contact the Disability Information Helpline on 1800 643 787.
On this page: About the Helpline What happens when I call? What can I get help with?
About the Helpline
The Disability Information Helpline provides information and referrals for people with disability who need help because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Helpline can help families, carers, support workers and services, too. The Disability Information Helpline is free, private and fact-checked.
You can contact the Helpline in the following ways:
- Phone (free call): 1800 643 787
- If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also call the National Relay Service on 133 677
The Helpline is available Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm (AEST)
The Disability Information Helpline is funded by the Australian Government.
What happens when I call?
When you call the Helpline, you will speak to a person who will:
- Listen carefully to you.
- Use their connections to find things out, check the facts, and get information for you.
- Transfer you to services that can help you.
- Transfer you to a phone counsellor for emotional support, if you would like.
- Give you clear and accessible information.
What can I get help with?
Contact the Disability Information Helpline on 1800 643 787 if something is worrying you. For example, contact the Helpline if:
- your support worker has not turned up
- your provider has stopped services
- it’s hard for you to get food, groceries, medications or other essential items
- someone close to you has symptoms of coronavirus
- you are feeling really upset
- anything else is worrying you
Call 1800 643 787 or visit dss.gov.au/disabilityhelp for more information.
Translating and Interpreting Service
If help is needed to access information in another language call TIS on 131 450 or go to TIS -Translating and Interpreting Service. Connect and ask for the Disability Information Helpline on 1800 643 787.
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment you cal connect with us via the National Relay Service. Connect and ask for the Disability Information Helpline on 1800 643 787.
Voice Relay number
1300 555 727
SMS relay number
0423 677 767
Or make an Internet relay call here.