This is a practical session with lots of information and ideas, including an inside view of the NDIS portal.
Do you want to know what is involved in self-managing your child’s NDIS plan and are keen to clarify conflicting information about what is involved?
Would you like to have answers to questions like: Is it easy to make claims? Is the portal simple to navigate? Can I self manage without being out of pocket? What can I do as a self-manager, that I can’t do under agency management? What can I spend the different funding budgets on? How can I make my child’s funds go further by self-managing? Join us.
- What is involved in self-managing
- The benefits of using mainstream providers
- The difference between self-management and agency managed
- How much more flexibility you will have
- More about directly employing support workers or therapy assistants
- What records you need to keep and the easy options available
- How to make claims in the portal- and what the portal looks like.
- Differences between self-managing and using a plan manager
- Recent updates from NDIS in relation to COVID-19 situation
This is a practical session with lots of information and ideas, including an inside view of the NDIS portal. This session would also be valuable for parents considering plan management over Agency Management, and for parents who are preparing for their child’s first plan meeting.
Please be mindful that this session is for families who have either had their child’s NDIS Planning Meeting and are waiting for the Plan to be approved, or have an approved NDIS Plan in place.
If you haven’t had your NDIS Planning Meeting yet, we recommend you to contact us prior to registering as we might have other NDIS workshops or resources more suitable for you on offer
For parents, family members and primary carers of children aged 0-8 years old
JOIN US ONLINE
– Wednesday 26 August; 8pm to 9.30pm (2 hours) via Zoom
Further details will be provided closer to the date. You will need a good internet connection to attend.
You will need a good internet connection to attend.
This workshop is for parents, primary cares and family members of children with disability or delays only. At this stage we don’t have the capacity to accommodate professionals in this session.
This session will be repeated once per Term through 2020
Sessions are subject to cancellation due to low RSVP
To get the best learning experience from this program, we encourage your involvement and interaction during each session. For families who need a certificate of attendance, we require for the camera to be on so that we can confirm your attendance in the session.
If you would like to discuss this program further, please feel free to contact Mana on email@example.com