No two days is the same in this role, with support requirements varying across our different operations, this could mean working collaboratively with facilitators to deliver training to SLES participants or providing both group and one on one employment supports to employees, as well as assisting with capacity building programs run by Flagstaff.
If you are interested in any of the following then please read on,
- Individual Support
- Capacity Building Support (meal preparation, numeracy and literacy skills, budgeting, travel training)
- Fitness program
What makes a good support worker at Flagstaff?
- A shared value of creating an inclusive world – we only see ability
- Capacity to identify and adapt to different learning and communication styles
- A strive for continuous improvement, contribute your ideas
- Interpersonal and leadership qualities, ability to think on your feet
- A problem solver – find solutions
- Own reliable transport and comprehensive insurance;
- First Aid & CPR certificate (or willingness to undertake);
- Working with Children’s clearance;
- National Criminal History clear record;
- Certificate III in Fitness or higher;
- Excellent communication & proven computer skills;
Click here to download the Disability Support Worker Job Description.
To apply, please submit your application to [email protected]
Applications close 13th November 2020
We have multiple vacancies and will be interviewing as suitable candidates are identified. An Equal Opportunity Employer, the Flagstaff Group Ltd is an Australian Disability Enterprise funded by the Australian Government and self-funded through our social enterprise, grants and investments.