$330 (incl GST)
Friday 20 November 2020, 9:30am to 4:00pm
NDIS Support Coordination Training Workshop
AbiltySeer offer a new and improved specialised 1-day intensive workshop for practicing Support Coordinators which introduces to workshop participants brand new practical exercises and activities that are aimed at the development of skills required to be a professional support coordinator, designed to challenge you, and to deliver a deeper understanding of Support Coordination practice.
Welcome to Australia’s most in-demand practical Support Coordination Training Program.
Are you wanting to be fully informed with the best information available about NDIS Support Coordination? Looking to build your confidence in support coordination practice and develop as a community sector professional?
AbilitySeer presents the leading program on NDIS support coordination, one of the most important, but least understood supports.
Why do so many coordinators across Australia choose this program?
You’ll be more NDIS ready
– You’ll get the best support and guidance
– You’ll be more attractive to employers
– You’ll get benefits to last a lifetime
A practical, one day workshop, which equips attendees with the applied, real-world skills, essential to support coordination practice.
Today’s Support Coordinators must have a firm understanding of the policy and principle foundations of the NDIS, including the legislation, rules, operational guidelines, and even decided cases from the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
In an environment where misinformation abounds, and where the pace of change is relentless, being familiar with the primary materials is essential.
This support coordination training course will take you to the top of your game and beyond as a support coordinator, equipping you with the skills you will need to navigate NDIS systems and processes with confidence and ease.
An important aim of this practical training is to develop practitioners who not only have the technical knowledge and skills to provide Support Coordination, but who bring to their work the necessary professional values and attitude.
AbilitySeer Attendee Attributes:
- Professionalism (Who we are) Ethical, Knowledgeable, Prepared
- Effectiveness (How we Work) Client focused, Clear, Responsive, Collaborative
- Practicality (What we Achieve) Strategic, Commercially aware, Solution Focused, Systematic
This course is recommended for practicing Support Coordinators, and Specialist Support Coordinators.
In this workshop, you will be required to:
- Assist this participant to understand their plan and advise them how the plan budgets can be utilised;
- Analyse and respond quickly to service agreements provided by therapeutic and other registered and non registered providers,
- Develop strategies to overcome complex barriers which impact the participant’s ability to implement their plan, ensuring that mainstream services meet their obligations;
- Identify strategies to reduce complexity in the participant’s supports;
- Build the participant’s capacity and resilience;
- Resolve crises and request an unscheduled review, and assist the person through the appeals process;
- Prepare for their annual planning meeting with the NDIS
‘I got so much from Tim’s course, a lot of the things I had been getting stuck on don’t seem as confusing anymore’ – Kahlia, Bunbury WA
‘Tim has a knack for taking complicated information and presenting it in a way which is really easy to understand, even for someone new to the role like me, thankyou Tim!’ Michael, Bathurst NSW
‘I have attended AbilitySeer’s Support Coordination training twice now and always get something new and different from attending, highly recommend’ Cristina, Adelaide SA
Tim is Lead Trainer at AbilitySeer. Tim’s experience spans over ten years working directly with people with disability, including three years with ACT’s leading disability, Aged, and Carers’ Advocacy Organisation as a Disability Advocate, NDIS Appeals Officer ( ACT and Southern NSW), and as an NDIS Support Coordinator.
Commencing in what was then a NDIS trial site three years ago, Tim came to work exclusively in the area of resolving disputes between his clients, and the NDIA, obtaining noteworthy outcomes for his clients, and bringing an unparalleled level of knowledge and insight to his workshops for participants.
Refunds may be issues 30 days before the event is to due to take place. You may also transfer your ticket to another event date in the future if you are unable to attend. Please contact the conference organiser no later than 7 days before your event date if you would like to transfer your ticket to another date.