The Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service Inc. (AWAHS) provides first class Primary Health Care Services to the Aboriginal community who reside in Albury / Wodonga and surrounding areas.
This is a dual focus position facilitating a full time role
This component of the role coordinates, facilitates and maintains access to required services for clients with complex needs as a result Mental Health issues. A key component is the ability to work collaboratively with a range of organisations, including primary health care providers internal and external to ensure the seamless access and provision of multiple services to clients with complex needs. Where appropriate assist clients to test eligibility, prepare for and successfully transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The NDIS support aspect plays an integral role for NDIS participants in interpreting their NDIS plan, assisting them to establish the supports in their plan and develop their capacity over time to coordinate and manage their own supports.
Criteria for the role;
• Extensive experience in coordinating responsive, individualised support to participants with complex needs and their families.
• Qualifications in the field of health, social or disability an advantage but not essential.
• Demonstrated experience in NDIS support coordination
• Demonstrated skill in establishing empowering and supportive partnerships with participants and their families with complex needs.
• A sound understanding of relevant legislation, NDIS procedural guidelines and the full range of community services that may be required by participants.
• Understanding of the current health issues relevant to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities.
• Advanced computer skills- Microsoft Office
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
A copy of the Position Description can be downloaded from the employment section of the AWAHS website www.awahs.com.au
How to apply
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in your application:
• Current resume
• A cover letter addressing the criteria listed above. Max 2 pages
• Copies of relevant qualifications
Please make all enquiries to