- Full-time, Fixed-term contract (until October 2021)
- Based at Oaklands Park, with support at other sites as required
- Fantastic salary packaging options available
- Provide active promotion and support to members of the community who wish to access AnglicareSA Disability and Mental Health Services
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a customer focused, passionate and knowledgeable Customer Engagement Officer to join our National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Customer Service Team and support customers through AnglicareSA’s Disability and Mental Health Services intake process. Calling upon your exceptional knowledge of NDIS legislation and processes, you will identify and apply capacity building strategies to support customers, their informal supports and other stakeholders to understand and access funding through the NDIS.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Support customers to navigate the NDIS process including support with the access process and preparation for their NDIA planning meetings
- Apply effective assessment and interview skills to support customers through AnglicareSA’s Disability and Mental Health services intake process, with a focus on prioritising customer preference and service suitability matching
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and other external agencies
- Actively participate in networking and relevant events to maintain current knowledge of services available across the sector and promote AnglicareSA’s Disability and Mental Health Services
What do you need to bring?
- Tertiary qualification in either Community Development, Community Services, Disability Studies, Social Planning, Social Sciences, or extensive relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow policy, procedures, guidelines, standards and legal requirements, particularly those relating to the NDIS
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with all customers and stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of services and customer experiences relating to the disability and mental health sectors
- Proven ability to assess customer needs and goals to discuss NDIS process and to ensure service suitability matching to AnglicareSA’s services
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What we offer:
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay
- Banking benefits, health care discounts, gym membership offers, paid parental leave, and much more
- A diverse and supportive team culture who have a focus on improving lives by working collaboratively
How to Apply:
When submitting an application, please attach your resume and a cover letter addressing the demonstrable requirements/competencies.
View the job description via the vacancy’s application page on the AnglicareSA website for the full role requirements.
For further information please contact Maryam Salieb on 0409 568 949.
Applications close Monday 7 December 2020.
AnglicareSA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage all suitably qualified candidates apply.
We are committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact our Aboriginal Services team on 8305 9237 to discuss joining AnglicareSA.
Please make all enquiries to