NDIS Participant Advisor
Location: Sydney – Crows Nest
Employment Type Part time/ full time
Are you studying in an Allied Health discipline and want to get exposure in your chosen career? Are you a passionate customer service administrator looking for a chance to contribute your skills and expertise to a company that strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives? You may be just the person we need!
As a Participant Advisor, you will be our clients first point of and responsible for:
- Exceptional customer service delivery over the phone and via email to all customers including but not limited to Participants, Nominees, Support Coordinators, Local Area Coordinators.
- Take initial details relating to enquiries and/or referrals and take the customer through our referrals process.
- Generating quotes and following up on quote approvals.
- Communicating with support coordinators regarding matters of their referrals.
- Confidence in triaging complaints and escalating where necessary.
To be successful:
- Studying in an Allied health discipline
- You will be a confident communicator, well-presented and able to hit the ground running
- You may have a medical administrative background e.g. GP’s, dental, podiatry etc.
- Experience in face to face and/or phone based customer service.
- Previous admin experience required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office.
- You will have a passion for people, and an empathy to listen to their challenges and goals.
- You will have the ability to maintain excellent internal and external relationships.
- You will have a high attention to detail and have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Friendly, supportive team
- Career progression and academic research opportunities
- Professional development support from a large multi-disciplinary team
- Generous bonus and reward incentives
We are a team of highly experienced practitioners and professionals known for our commitment to quality and our core values. Working as part of The Better Health Generation team you will have access to professional support and mentoring plus a wide range of job opportunities. We promote a high-performance culture where people are rewarded for effort and dedication. We recognise and value quality and commitment and encourage our people to maintain a healthy balance between their career and personal time.
The Better Health Generation fosters a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the contributions of all people and encourages people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please make all enquiries to