WHO IS WISDOM CARE?
Wisdom Care is Registered NDIS Provider whose aim is to cater for participants by providing tailored services and support to meet their own needs and goals. We work with people with disabilities and their families who want to improve the quality of their lives.
Are you driven by a desire to make a difference? Are you passionate about the disability sector?
If you answered yes to all of the above – Wisdom Care needs YOU!
About the Role
Coordinating our team, and the participants they care for, is the super power you will need for this role!
We are looking for someone who can assist with the administration and drafting of NDIS service agreements, creating service bookings, claiming from the NDIS portal and liaising with NDIS participants and their support coordinators/advocates to ensure all services are provided in accordance with the participants assessed needs and goals. Our coordinators are our office based Heroes who perform an integral role in ensuring services are delivered to participants using a team of community support professionals.
We are looking for motivational and inspiring Heroes to ensure we provide these exceptional operational services, maintain efficiency and cost effectiveness whilst meeting compliance and procedural requirements.
20 – 30 hours per week.
- Liaising with NDIS participants, local area coordinators, support coordinators and advocates to assist participants to implement their NDIS plan.
- Drafting NDIS service agreements, creating service bookings and claiming from the NDIS portal
- Monitoring NDIS participants’ budgets
- Develop and manage participants service schedules, including service planning, confirmation and short notice placements and cancellations
- Prepare and transmit schedules for participant services to support professionals
- Verify allocation of support professional against participant service schedules and deliver time sheets to the pay office in a timely manner.
- Assess, coordinate and monitor the relevant needs of individual participants and families in an ongoing and systematic way
- Meet the specified and appropriate standards for the delivery of participant services
- Ensure the ongoing development of flexible and innovative services through continuous improvement
- Provide supervision, support and direction to staff
- Ensure that a quality service is provided to all participants we support
- Manage day-to-day activities of the service
- Monitor the implementation of individualised plans for participants
- Ensure that the rights, interests and needs of people we support are addressed effectively
- Understand and respect the people we support linguistic and cultural diversity
- Comply with Wisdom Care policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- High level understanding of issues affecting the disability, aged care and community health sectors
- Previous customer service coordination experience in the health/aged care, non for profit or community services sector
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/ or extensive experience in being part of a coordination team that delivers services within the community sector
- Experience in providing services to participants including assessment and monitoring processes
- NDIS experience drafting service agreements, creating service bookings, claiming from the NDIS portal and liaising with NDIS participants, local area coordinators, support coordinators and advocates to assist participants to implement their NDIS plan
- Experience in risk assessments within the workplace
- Demonstrated experience in working toward targets to meet program outputs and outcomes
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Suite
- Proven relationship management skills including good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Current and clear Criminal Record Check
- Blue Card & Yellow Card
Work with people who are truly passionate about the work we do and the impact we have on the community. A diverse and inclusive workplace is something we are absolutely committed to. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Great team and the opportunity to work with a diverse community of individuals and families
- Excellent working conditions
- Opportunities for growth
If you are ready to let your superpowers shine, we would like to hear from you.
Submit your application online by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Please make all enquiries to